Advertisement

Get Involved 1: Outdoor swimming kit for beginners

Get Involved 1: Outdoor swimming kit for beginners Taking the plunge and having your first experience of outdoor swimming is exciting. Knowing how to actually get started can be a stumbling block. Here we look at what kit you need to get started. We take a top to toe approach and I discuss the kit I use along the way.

This is part of a quick-fire series intended to encourage would-be outdoor swimmers to come along and join our tribe! The Outdoor Swimming community is extremely diverse and welcoming and there are new friends waiting to meet you. Hope to see you in the water sometime soon, I'm on Instagram as @everydayathleterach

Orca swimming costume by Batoko. I am a size 18 and wear an XL in the video

Latex swim cap by Outdoor swimming Society

neoprene swim caps from Wiggle

Aquasphere Seal goggles from Wiggle

DHB Fury goggles from Wiggle

Tribord Olaian 3mm neoprene surf gloves

C-Skins Legend 5mm Glued and Blindstitched Surf Wetsuit B

Aquasphere Pursuit Wetsuit is size Women's XL 2017 model, bought from watersportswarehouse.co.uk no longer in stock, but still available on eBay.co.uk

Please watch: "outdoor swimming 5 top tips to minimise afterdrop" 


Please watch "How to avoid cold shock in outdoor swimming"

Everyday Athlete is my vlog about getting active in the great outdoors. I make videos about outdoor swimming, snowboarding which hopefully encourage other people to get involved. I upload videos weekly on a Monday lunchtime in the UK. Come along and join me on my adventures

Subscribe to Everyday Athlete here:

Check out my outdoor swimming playlist:

cold shock,outdoor swimming,wild swimming,sea swimming,sea,sunshine,friends,first time,get wet,get in,how do I swim outdoors,get started swimming outdoors,get involved,take the plunge,first outdoor swim,first experience of outdoor swimming,what do i need for outdoor swimming,swim hat,swim cap,goggles,swimming wetsuit,wetsuit gloves,swimming gloves,wetsuit boots,join our tribe,everyday athlete,rachel andrews,everydayathleterach,sharetheswimlove,

Post a Comment

0 Comments