Advertisement

From Ash & Dust - Brighter Days

From Ash & Dust - Brighter Days Hey friends! Here's a new song that didn't even exist as a thought in my mind a week ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

FB:
Other channel:
IG:

Get "Explore" on Itunes:


Lyrics:

(Verse 1)
I ask: How do things get so hard?
They ask: how do you keep hope in your heart?
Everything you face, but you still show love
And you still open up, and you still show up
With a smile on your face like no one does
With the wonder of a kid, but you’re still grown up
I’m giving all of me, though it ain’t so much
‘Cause I believe in the brighter days to come
I believe that our hearts are meant to feel
I believe that our souls are meant to heal
I believe that our minds are meant to steal
Every tool, every skill, so when the pressure’s real
We fight back, get hurt then we learn from mistakes
And we only grow stronger every single day
God’s on my side, and He’s paving the way
No amount of doubts can take away my faith
Still the same, since I was 13
Been pouring my heart out on these beats
Now it’s making a difference, that’s crazy to me
And if you’re feeling alone, just know, I’m on your team
We all fall down, and we feel that blame
Don’t let em keep you there in a pile of shame
Was holding onto a glimmer, thought the light would fade
But look, here comes a brighter day, c’mon

(Chorus)
This is your life, and it’s gonna be great
Take the time, close your eyes, do you see brighter days?
Doesn’t happen overnight, like right away
Gonna need a little hope to light the way
‘cause this is your life, and it’s already great
Take the time to imagine brighter days
Even though we can’t make it happen right away
All we need’s a little hope to light the way
(Light the way, right away
Brighter days, it’s gonna be great)

(Post chorus)
We’ll see some brighter days
Let’s let hope light the way

(Verse 2)
For me, I don’t wonder when the wonder will end
Summer ends, but another one is coming again
Take it back to late-August, with one of my friends
We went hiking round the lake, with the sun as it set
Cliff jumping, Bluetooth speaker, and a couple palm bays
Man I swear, we could’ve stayed in that spot all day
Those are the treasures I wanna remember forever
And keep in mind when I think things aren’t gonna get better, ‘cause
I’ve been to those parties, went to the club
But I don’t wanna be the one to say it’s never enough
Walking round the room, I felt this sadness welling up
Like everybody’s just empty, that’s why they keep filling their cups
You know what? Life’s too precious to just settle for that
I got the map that can help you walk through hell and then back
To find if you’re not full of light, then you’re full of it
I imagine who I’ll be, not who I would’ve been
Reminiscing listening to “Don’t Think Just Write 4”
Same heart, still pounding but now, what is it for?
When it’s not anxiety, I believe its dreams inside
Screaming “keep us in your mind, ‘cause we need to be alive”
That’s why I’m thankful for my friends who understand the adventure
Of being kids again, having fun doing whatever
Whether the burdens get lighter, I know we’ll light the way
As a reminder, there will always be brighter days

(prod by Chuki Beats)

Brighter

Post a Comment

0 Comments