Advertisement

Make It Right | A Jemi Love Story- Episode 33

Make It Right | A Jemi Love Story- Episode 33 ---------
Joe and Demi walked home together instead of getting a cab. They had a milkshake in their hands each which they picked up from the bowling place before they left. They half didn't want the night to be over but they half did, so they could arrange another date together. They had both already agreed for their to be another date when they could get babysitters.
"Work tomorrow, then?" Joe questioned and Demi nodded her head gently.
"Yup but I love my job so I don't mind too much." Demi replied.
"You always wanted to be a nurse with children?" Joe questioned.
"I started training to be in the ER but then I decided I wanted to work with children so I continued further into that. I'm glad I did it, it kind of prepared for me to be a mom a little better. I was only working there for a couple of months when I fell pregnant, I'm lucky that they decided to keep me on and not find someone to replace me." Demi laughed.
"It's not exactly your fault you fell pregnant." Joe reminded her taking a slurp of her milkshake.
"I guess no, we were trying for nearly a year before we conceived. We were both really excited about becoming parents and it felt even more real when we found out we were having a girl. We prepared for her right away, getting her nursery up and bits then he had to go back until she was born and he never came back alive." Demi explained.
"He's a brave man for doing that for his country and I'm sure Tyler will know all about his bravery as she grows up." Joe praised.
"She already asks about him a lot, she has a picture of him in her room," Demi cracked a small smile. "We never got his body back, he was right next to the bomb so there wasn't much or any of it left." Joe grabbed Demi's hand squeezing it gently.
"Do you still see his parents?"
"No, he never had a dad and his mom moved away when Aaron died," Demi answered. "She sends us birthday and Christmas cards every year and we talk on the phone occasionally but other than that, no."
"At least there's still some contact there and Tyler will somewhat know that side of her family."
"Does Riley not have that with her mom's side?
"No, she took off and her parents aren't even bothered either. I guess it's because I'd ask them where Beth is," Joe shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure I want my daughter growing up with those kinds of people around her anyway."
"I don't think I would." Demi agreed.
"Anyway, this is a date, we shouldn't be talking about sad stuff like this when we've already had such a good time at tying at bowling." Joe grinned and Demi laughed.
"We were both so bad." Demi stated and Joe laughed.
"It's more fun that way." Joe teased.

Joe and Demi soon made it to Demi's house, it wasn't a long walk but it was a nice walk for them to take after bowling. It gave them chance to calm down and just talk before they separated for the night and Joe would go back home.
"Thanks for a good night, I've had a good time," Demi stated as she turned around to him. "Despite you faking making a reservation at that restaurant so you looked good when you came up with the bowling idea." Joe laughed at Demi's teasing.
"I promise I booked a reservation," He urged jokingly. "But I had a good time too, even if you accuse me of things." Demi laughed too leaning up kissing his cheek.
"We can do this again sometime soon when we get babysitters, I like the idea of a theme park," Demi stated. "It's been a while since I've been on big rides, since before Tyler was born."
"Then that will be our next destination," Joe promised leaning down kissing her gently and Demi kissed him back the two of them smiling through the kiss before they pulled away. "But that doesn't mean you can't be my girlfriend before then, right?" Demi laughed.
"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." She grinned this time pecking his lips again.
"Whoo!" Joe cheered making Demi laugh.
"I'll see you soon, text me when you get back home so I know you got home?" Demi questioned and Joe nodded his head.
"I will do." Joe vowed.

Joe made it home that night making sure to text Demi when he got home so she knew he was safe. He got himself ready for bed right away noticing his mom was already in bed with Riley. He managed to scoop Riley up in his arms without waking Denise up taking her into his room laying her down in the crib in there.
"Goodnight princess." Joe spoke kissing her head gently before climbing in his bed pulling the covers over him. It didn't take neither Joe or Demi long to fall asleep that night.

-----------
I can't remember if I named Joe's ex's name or not but if I have she has a new name cuz I can't remember. Haha!

I'll post tomorrow if I have at least four comments!

Episode

Post a Comment

0 Comments